1-855-MyARHIPP (855-692-7447)
Hours of operation: 8 am - 5 pm CT (weekdays)

Insurance Covered by HIPP

To be eligible for the Arkansas HIPP program you must have access to group health insurance that is offered by a job or COBRA.

What is COBRA?
Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) is a federal law that allows former employees to continue health insurance coverage for 18 – 36 months after leaving a job. If an applicant has access to COBRA, the applicant meets the insurance requirement for Arkansas HIPP. If all other qualifications for participation are met, HIPP will send you monthly reimbursements for all or a portion of the cost of the COBRA plan.

What is employer-sponsored insurance (ESI)?
Employer-sponsored insurance (ESI) is health insurance that employers offer to their employees, and is typically offered as part of an employee benefits package. ESI is offered to current employees.

Am I eligible for Arkansas HIPP if I have insurance that is not provided by an employer?
No. Arkansas HIPP is offered to clients who have access to employer-sponsored insurance or coverage through COBRA.

> General Program Information
> Insurance Covered by HIPP
> HIPP Participation is Free

> Back to Common Questions